Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Feel Good Story of the Hour

It was Labor Day, and yes, I was in my other home, Best Buy.

As usual, the one guy that decided to help J and I was worthless, bringing the wrong boxes from the warehouse, staring glaze-eyed at me when I asked questions, and sending me up front to the equally useless "Geek Squad" to find more questions than answers. Like my own little live episode of LOST.

And then, this little boy came up to me to show me his Thomas the Train, and to let me know how much fun he was having. When his mother called him over, he started to walk toward her, turned around and gave me a hug (to which his mother said, he's a hugger). As if to say, don't worry about these salespeople...just have fun.

Leave it to the little ones to teach all the important lessons. I'll file it with "Sharing is cool," "Play with everyone, no matter what they look like" "Be slow to anger" and "Smile, it makes you look good."

2 comments:

Sign2Jill said...

That was one of the sweetest moments I've ever witnessed! Thanks for reminding me of the experience.

Ellyn said...

ahhh...you MUST be missing the opportunity to volunteer in one non profit organization with 2 of the most fabulous clerywomen around!

happy signing--oh yeah glad you are back!