Monday, October 09, 2006

And now, I'll Take Your Questions...

(flash bulbs snapping, hands raised, pencils scribbling)

Q: So where have you been?

Everywhere. Really.

Q: What's with the lag in writing?

I've been doing a lot of reading! I'm kidding, you guys are smarter than that...actually, I've been a little busy, and trying to figure out what to do next, concerning blogging...I love doing it, 'cause you find out so much about me, and I find out a lot about you! So I've done some thinking, and now, have created this new site.

Q: What's with the changes...you think you're some sort of secret agent? What makes you so special?

Because of where I am, who I am, where I go on a day to day basis, and what I do there, it's best to keep things fun, but a bit more subdued. One day when we've all retired, and sitting rocking in our chairs on the deck of a wonderful southern estate, I'll let you in on what's going on here...but for now, let's keep things on the d.l. I'll be referring to you, myself, my girl Friday, and other things with initials or witty little nicknames, just to stay off the front page of publications. This was a choice of my own accord, but one that may be necessary for, shall we say, the future.

Q: Gee, you're so serious...I don't know if we like this "new" you.

Alright, fine. Let's loosen it up a bit then...how 'bout some rapid fire Q's, then!??!

Q: What's been going on?

Went to China (thrilling, pics are up on snapfish, I'll send the link out in an email...it was fun being in the minority over there...oh wait...), celebrated 3 years of weddededness bliss (PFChang's was off the heezay, and trading traditional 3 year-gifts was sweet!), joined a soccer team, enjoying tons of football, got the first season of Voltron (Defender of the Universe), lovin' the weather and Fall TV, wondered if my SW collection has finally reached a point where it's time to, um, retire, and hey, the Monopoly game is back at McDonald's!! Can life be any sweeter?

Q: O boy, how many Best Buy bucks you got already?

5, baby!

Q: I didn't even know Voltron was out...and who do you think wants all that SW junk when you get ready to unload it?

Believe it...and let's not get crazy here...you realize there are some people that actually have bought a full set of stormtrooper armor so they can join a club called "Vader's Fist?" As long as these people exist, you best believe they'll want what I've got.

Q: What are the best new shows I'm not watching?

Heroes, Studio 60, and Justice...and you've already let Smith die a quick death...don't let this happen to Friday Night Lights, are we're going to fall out!!! And give love to our old friends in the Office, LOST, and the Amazing Race! And you need to be keeping up with football for your Pick'ems and Fantasy Football...

Q: And how's Fantasy going?

Let's just say you can't spell Dynasty without an "S" or a "Y". Or a "T". Or an "N".

Q: Nice, what else?

I've got 6 books that I am trying to stay acccountable on reading...2 for fun, 3 for enlightenment and higher learning, and 1 to learn how to do lead blocking in Madden '07. I'll try to let you know how I'm doing.

Q: Anything else?

The Departed was gritty, can't wait for the Grudge 2, the Block Party at FXCC is going to be tight, and can someone make T.K. from Monday Night Football disappear?!?! He's killin' me!

Q: Why should we believe you're going to "keep us posted?" We've been ready and waiting for a long time...

I know you've been waiting...but you're definitely not ready.

Next up: The Feel Good Story of the...Hour.

7 comments:

Shayna Willis said...

Welcome back!!

T. K. is not as bad as J. T. Although, we get kicks around our house saying "Shut up, Theismann."

JavaBoy said...

Both of them look EXTREMELY uncomfortable in the booth...and TK looks nerdy in his suits.

Leann said...

But let's just put all this aside and think about how it could be worse...Anyone remember Dennis Miller.

And in my opinion, TK and JT will never be as bad as Madden or Joe Beck. Those guys exist just to make me mad.

laurielea82 said...

Welcome back! Now I don't feel rejected anymore. =)

As for pick em...i will catch you - only seven more little points in the pros.

crazykarl7 said...

profootballtalk.com has a running blog during the game. It's like reading mystery science theater 3000 for football.

Anonymous said...

Okay -- so I'm a few days behind the game. But at least I'm here. :)

So, now after reading all those comments, I have the theme song to "Welcome Back, Kotter" stuck in my head. Great. Try going to sleep with that playing in your psyche. :)

JavaBoy said...

I've tried. after our wedding video, the theme to the Dukes of Hazzard kept me awake forever too!

Welcome to my world (in both senses!)