Monday, October 30, 2006

Africa

Some quick thoughts for you to enjoy, 'cause it's a Monday and you're probably still distracted by wondering where did your wonderful weekend go...
  • It's not news that Johnson and Johnson have "Perfect Blend" band-aids, for those of us with a little more chocolate in our skin tone (they come in Light, Medium, and Deep). What is news is that now that I had my first chance to use one ( a little "bruise" after last week's soccer match), I've found out that I am Medium, according to their scale...I always thought I was Deep. The scale should probably be Dark, Milk Chocolate, and Cappuccino. I probably still would have picked Dark.
  • Special appreciation to J, A and J, to A, A, J, and L for decorating and putting on one of the most fun Hallowe'en Hoedowns in memory!
  • Special prayers to G, a Stranger in a Strange Land, I'm proud of you buddy for what you are committed to do for the next 5 years. We'll be your prayer warriors!
  • My new musical obsession is Jojo. I don't know where that voice is coming from, but it's nice to hear real talent, and anyone who samples Africa from Toto and makes it work is the johnniest in my book. Reading her Liner Notes of Thank Yous made me want to write my own, and since I don't really have a CD dropping anytime soon, I might just give snippets in posts. It's a nice little mental exercise to do when you're bored/driving/trying to go to sleep, thinking of all those who you would thank for molding you, shaping you, and even people you don't know or have never met (as in, Special thanks to Jojo for being the new hotness in song! Stay real, girl!)
  • Target's weekly circular says that Mission Impossible III will be available starting at 8am this morning. I know I was worried!
  • Nothing is impossible for God--Luke 1:37
  • Impossible is nothing--Adidas

No comments: